1. This disease________itself in yellowness of the skin and eyes.
2.In the ________of human life honors and rewards tend to fall to those who show their good qualities in action.
3. The coupon ________you to at least 50% off the regular price of either frames or lenses when you buy both.
4. Which of the following indicates a correct intonation pattern?
A. Did you have a↑fever ora↓headache?
B. Did you have a↑fever or a↑headache?
C. Did you have a↓fever or a↓headache?
D. Did you havea↓fever or a↑headache?
5.Which of the following is a voiceless bilabial stop?
6. The experienced writer is skilled in handling his words, just________the builder is skilled in handling his bricks.
7. It is politely requested by the hotel management that radios________ after 10 o' clock at night.
A. did not play
B. not to play
C. not be
D. were not be played
8. Which of the following italicized phrase indicates a purpose?
A. She said it for fun, but others took it seriously.
B. For all its efforts, the team didn't win the match.
C. Linda has worked for the firms for 20 years.
D. He set out for Beijing yesterday.
9. There are________ syllables and________ phonemes in the word "determine".
10. The pair of words "buy" and"sell" are________opposites.
11. The inductive method differs from the deductive one in that it enables learners to arrive at _______on the basis of examples.
12. What is not the major purpose of asking students to give a report after the group discussion in a reading class?
A. To pool ideas
B. To correct mistakes
C. To encourage language use
D. To practice oral English
13. Which of the following is a kind of information gap activities in class?
A. Pattern drills
B. Making a survey
C. Sentence transformation
D. Forming sentences
14. What would a teacher ask students to do if he/she intends to develop their skimming skill?
A. To rewrite the text
B. To read for specific information
C. To predict the context of the text
D. To read for the general idea of the text
15. What does a teacher focus on if he/she asks students to list their ideas, select and expand those ideas, and then make an outline?
A. Students' reading skills
B. Students' translating skills
C. Students' writing skills
D. Students' listening skills
16. Activities such as problem solving, decision making and opinion exchanging are typical practices in
A. Audi-lingual method
B. Grammar-translation method
C. Situation language teaching
D. Task-based language teaching
17. What type of questions is more likely to motivate learners to talk more and get new information?
A. Yes-no question
B. Closed question
C. Referential question
D. Display question
18. What does a teacher focus on when he/she says "find out two things your partner likes to eat but you don't and two things you both like to eat using what do you like to eat?
C. Meaning and use
D. Form and meaning
19. Which of the following activities is most likely to be used to encourage students active language use?
A. Reading a text and making true or false judgement
B. Listening to a passage and filling in the blank
C. Doing a role play of opening a bank account
D. Reordering the sentences into a passage
20. What test is likely to be given to new students at the beginning of a semester to screen them?
A. Achievement test
B. Placement test
C. Proficiency test
D. Aptitude test
(1)①写前活动(pre-writing) : free talk--学生就写作话题进行讨论，发散思维，发表不同观点，进行自由讨论，(4分)
②写中活动(while-writing) :make an outline--写下所讨论的观点看法，并分组讨论形成提纲，列出文章提纲; (分) ③写后活动:分享，学生写完初稿之后，可以互相交换批改，让学生进行同辈纠错。(4分 )